Monday, September 14, 2009

Against my better judgment

I swore I wasn't going to start a blog (not because they're evil or anything), just because I already feel like I spend too much time on the computer. But, because of all this time I've spent on the computer, I think I've found a lot of useful information and I've wanted to make a change to the way I live. I think people (me included) are not living responsibly (by living responsibly, I mean realizing that everything we do impacts our planet and impacts those who enjoy our planet). The more reading I've done, I've learned that it's not completely impossible to live responsibly, it just takes a little bit of an attitude adjustment.


I thought I'd start this so that I don't constantly bombard people on the streets/family members/co-workers with information they don't want to hear...I don't want to be annoying and drive people away by indoctrinating my views onto them. I figured this way, if people are interested in making a change, they can check the blog for a weekly tip or some new information. Hopefully this blog will be a fun tool for anyone who wants to hear about (and maybe try) my new green-living experiences, various organizations who try to use their money and power for good and not evil, and just other little random factoids that I come across that could help us take care of what's important. Also, I want to know more, so if you come across something, or have something you want to share, please do!! The more people that hear about it, the better. There's power in numbers.


So I guess the best way to kick this off is to give a little credit to the ones who started this new goal in my life...I recently read two books that completely changed the way I view our society and the way we live. They are, Shop Class as Soulcraft by Matthew B. Crawford, and The Secret History of the American Empire by John Perkins. These are both wonderful, eye-opening books. If you read them, you'll probably get an idea of where I'm coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment